Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Gerbil Chronicles, Part 2. The saga continues.

I called the pet store today and told them my story. I asked if the little pups survived, could I bring them to the pet store to sell. Afterall, they are the ones that sold me the defiled gerbil in the first place.

She stated, and I quote “Only if we have room, and currently we are being over run by them”.
My jaw dropped. I paused. Silence. No one spoke. You could hear a gerbil wheel run.
“Hmmm,” I said. ” Should I explain to you the breeding process?”

She was silent.

I asked her, “Then what do you suggest I do with all these gerbils that I didn’t want? No one told me they were buy one get 4 more later for free”.

Her suggesstion? Put an ad in the paper. She didn’t tell me what to list. Here is what I am thinking…

“Wanted. One hit man to take out all staff at Active Pets. Will pay handsomely in gerbils”

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the ad!

Methinks some gerbils would disappear around here...